A preaching course that works with your schedule…
All preachers understand the importance of the sermon. As we stand to face the congregation and step up to speak, we recognize the weighty significance of the task before us. We are speaking a word on behalf of something greater than us, and we know it isn’t because we are worthy, it is because we are called to give a unique message only we can give.
Preaching can be daunting for an experienced preacher and absolutely terrifying for a novice. If we have the humility to recognize we are not worthy, self-doubt can begin to plague us. These insecurities themselves can detract from the message. This fear coupled, with the balancing act of the week before that perhaps encroached on our time of preparation, can cause well-meaning, goodhearted preachers to lack confidence and self-sabotage their preaching efforts starting the cycle of doubt over again for a new week. Wouldn’t you like to break this cycle?
What would you do if there were a class where you could learn effective and efficient tools for sermon preparation and delivery–a course in preaching you could take at your own pace and at a time convenient for you?
Why confidence is important
- Confidence encourages the audience to trust the message and the one delivering it.
- Confidence, not to be confused with arrogance or pride, comes from preparation—knowing we have done the hard work.
- Confidence gives us added energy for the task of sermon preparation and delivery.
Really…twenty hours prep time for a twenty minute sermon?
The idea that you would spend an hour of preparation for every minute of the sermon can seem ridiculous, but sermon preparation does take time. And time is what both part-time and full-time preachers find in short supply. What would you do if there were a class where you could learn effective and efficient tools for sermon preparation and delivery—a course in preaching that you could take at your own pace and at a time convenient for you? Would that make learning to be a better preacher and working toward excellence in preaching more feasible for you? EQUIPOnline is that course.
What is EQUIPOnline
EQUIPOnline gives the student tools and helps to develop good habits for sermon preparation, as well as encourages a habit for life-long learning. The EQUIPOnline student will learn:
- to strive for excellence in the preaching task
- how to work smarter in the time they have for sermon preparation
- develop habits that help them pull illustrations from everyday life
- learn what to look for to understand the congregation and how those listening may hear the sermon
- the importance of thinking theologically about the message
- tools and resources for biblical understanding
- various styles of sermons and delivery
- how to find and develop your own voice to share the message given you to give others
There is an optional preaching practicum that will offer evaluation and feedback of a sermon the student provides by video.